Sunday, May 9

The ups and downs of Mother's Day

When I looked out the window on Mother's Day and saw the frost on the car, I gasped --nooooooooooo! I have three hanging flower baskets and took them outside yesterday for a little sunshine and FORGOT to bring them in !#$*.  Not sure how cold it got but it must have been below 30.  BUMMER!  I had a fuchsia that was going to be big and beautiful and now it is dead and ugly.  :(    Sniff.
But the day got better.  I think the other two plants (the ones from Kmart!) might survive.  : )  Bill went grocery shopping for me as my gift and whenever he does that it is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Landon made my favorite- Angel Food cake and I don't mind if I DO have a huge piece, thank you. 
With strawberries and ice cream thank you!

After that, we definitely had to go for a walk, a looong walk.  Leanne and I and R.J. who LOVES to go for walks.
We had to say hello to our neighbors across the road....


R. J. led the way...




The Necktie River that winds near our house...

R.J. treed a porcupine.....

Thankfully, the porcupine stayed in the tree.  And of course the dog has to check out every culvert for skunks....
thankfully he didn't find any of those today!  Did I mention he LOVES to go for walks?


The sun setting over the pasture....
And now we are watching Extreme Makeover, which is one of my favorite shows and after that a game of Settlers of Catan and then a sauna and thus ends a good day. 
Thank you, Lord, for my family, for the ups and downs, for all You have given to me.  Amen

P.S.  It was Bill's birthday today too, but instead of sharing, it's all about him tomorrow.  :-)


3 comments:

Rachelle said...

The photos in this post are beautiful! Sorry about the frosty hanging basket (hope the other 2 survived!). Happy belated birthday to Bill! Glad the day ended well. Have to say it again, you sure take some lovely photos!

Connie said...

So sorry about your Fushia! Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day.
That last photo , with the sunset and the cow in silhouette, is awesome! You should enter it in a photo contest, seriously.

Chelle said...

I loved reading this and seeing all the pictures. And I think you are such a good Mama.
Happy late mother's day...uh, I mean birthday to you, Uncle Bill!